PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2021
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! is a platform from The Little Black Gallery committed to promoting queer and gay photography.
Images play a vital role in telling important stories, and photography has proved a powerful force in inspiring and promoting the queer and gay community.
We’re looking for striking fine art photographs from the queer and gay community from around the globe for our debut BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! Photography Competition. We welcome entries from both amateurs and professionals alike.
The winning photographer will win a $500 cash prize.
The winning picture will be published in Volume 3 of our BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! magazine in January 2022; and in our next BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! book scheduled for publication in spring 2022 with MENDO.
The winning photo-artist will have the choice to join the BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! family and be represented by The Little Black Gallery.
The winning artwork will be promoted and sold on the BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! website.
The winner will get a ninety minute mentoring session with photographers AdeY and Paul McDonald.
The judging panel is Ghislain Pascal, Editor and Curator of BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!, and photographers AdeY and Paul McDonald.
Terms and conditions:
- All entrants must identify as queer or gay.
- We only accept digital submissions of no more than 1MB (if your photograph is chosen, we will ask you to submit the original file in high resolution).
- Maximum 5 images submitted per entrant.
- All images must have been taken in the last 5 years.
- Open to both amateur and professional photographers worldwide.
- By submitting images you agree to give The Little Black Gallery permission to print the winning entry in Volume 3 of the BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! magazine and the next BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! book, and for the images to be used for press and publicity in conjunction with the photo competition, including print, online and social media.
- You agree that the winning artwork can be sold online on BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! (with the standard 50% gallery commission).
- By entering the competition all entrants confirm that their entries are their own original work, that they own the copyright in it, that they haven’t infringed third party rights.
- you must have model release forms for all pictures you enter. If you are chosen as the winner we will ask for a copy of the model release form. Failure to provide a model release form will result in your entry being disqualified.
- The Little Black Gallery accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost or corrupted during the upload.
- The Little Black Gallery's decision on all matters affecting the competition are final.
- Competition closing date: September 30, 2021.
- if you are chosen as the winner you will be notified by October 31, 2021.
- the winner will be announced in January 2022 to coincide with the publication of BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! The Magazine Volume 3.
- Please make sure each submitted image is clearly captioned with your name (ie © your name).
All entries must comply with BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! Code of Conduct: All models must be over 18 years old. All photographs must be taken in a respectful and professional way. See our Code of Conduct .
Once you've paid your $15 entry free you will receive a download with the instruction details to enter your pictures.
One of our aims is to promote diversity. We already represent photographers from 30 countries, so we want to encourage entries from every corner of the globe. If you live in a developing country* you can enter for free - simply add FreeEntry in the Discount Code at checkout to register (if you use this code and you do not live in a developing country your entry will be disqualified).