Artist of the Month - Babak Haghi
3 years ago
Portrait, Babak Haghi
QUICK FIRE ROUND with Babak Haghi
- what was the first photography book you bought?
On Photography by Susan Sontag
- what is your favourite colour?
- who are your photographic influences?
Misha Gordin, Diane Arbus
- what is your favourite museum?
Fotografiska - because they support photographers and show many different types of high quality photography.
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
That would probably be photos by Misha Gordin.
- your favourite holiday destination?
I’d love to travel to Spain for its beautiful nature and friendly people. They love dance, music and beauty.
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
I’d love to photograph a dancer named Kevin France. He lives in Paris and knows his body well and has an interesting understanding of figures, performance and protrusions of his body. I hope our visa issues are resolved soon and Iranians are able to travel around the world more easily.
- what is your guilty pleasure?
I’d rather keep it a secret!
- what is your favourite city?
Istanbul and Paris. Istanbul is a very beautiful city and I have many dear friends there. Paris has many art museums, art galleries, and artists I'd like to visit and talk with.
- which charities do you support?
An institution in Tehran that educates and supports labor and abused children.