BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! Statement on Conduct
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! is a platform to promote queer and gay photography. It is a trade mark of The Little Black Gallery and is registered in the UK.
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! is committed to fostering a respectful and dignified environment that adheres to the highest level of professional standards. We strive to be inclusive and welcoming to everyone who works with our Photographers, creating an environment in which each person’s rights, dignity and individual worth are respected.
All models that feature in artworks on BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! are over 18 years old.
Code of Conduct
A. What is the Purpose of the Code?
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! expects its Photographers to actively promote an environment free of discrimination, harassment and other inappropriate conduct. BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! does not condone improper, or abusive, conduct by any Photographer. Additionally, BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! prohibits conduct unbecoming or detrimental to the platform.
This Code of Conduct (the “Code”) has been created to guide and educate Photographers and members of the public about BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!’s expectations for what constitutes discrimination, harassment, and improper behaviour.
B. Who Must Abide by this Code?
All Photographers who are represented by BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! must abide by the Code
All Photographers should regularly review this Code and familiarize themselves with its policies.
C. Where Can Violations of the Code Occur?
This Code governs behaviour that occurs in any setting or context that could reasonably be considered to relate to the activity of BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!. BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! takes the view that Photographers represent the face of BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! to the public and therefore expects their behaviour reflect the goals and ideals of BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! at all times.
D. What Behaviour is Prohibited by the Code?
This Code prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including sexual harassment and other verbal, physical or visual conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward a person (or such person’s relatives, friends, or associates) because of or based upon certain characteristics, including but not limited to sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, education level, colour, immigration status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental and physical ability.
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! wishes to emphasise that it may not matter whether a perpetrator intended to create an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for the victim. BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! will take account of the surrounding circumstances, including the victim’s own viewpoint, and whether it is reasonable for them to feel that the Code has been breached, irrespective of intentions.
Whether particular actions or a course of conduct constitutes the legal definition or discrimination or harassment will depend on the specific facts and circumstances. Regardless of whether any single instance of behaviour rises to the level of discrimination or harassment, it is BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!'s policy that inappropriate and offensive behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
E. What is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct which is either of a sexual nature, or which is directed at an individual because of that individual’s sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and expression, or status of being transgender when:
- It creates a hostile environment because the harassing conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment; or
- It is Quid Pro Quo type of behaviour: the conduct or advances either explicitly or implicitly are a term or condition of the individual’s success or professional advancement.
The following is a list of non-exclusive examples of sexual harassment that are strictly prohibited under this Code:
- Physical acts of a sexual nature, such as:
- Touching, pinching, patting, kissing, hugging, grabbing, brushing against another person’s body or poking another person’s body; or
- Assault, rape, sexual battery, or molestation, or attempts to commit any of these.
• Unwanted sexual advances or propositions, such as:
- Words, signs, jokes, pranks, intimidation or physical violence which are of a sexual nature, or which are directed at an individual because of that individual’s sex or gender identity and expression;
- Sexually explicit derogatory statements or sexually discriminatory remarks which are offensive or objectionable to the recipient and/or which cause the recipient discomfort or humiliation;
- Requests for sexual favours accompanied by implied or overt promises or threats concerning the target’s career and advancement; or
- Subtle or obvious pressure for unwelcome sexual activities.
- Sexually oriented gestures, noises, remarks or jokes, or comments about a person’s sexuality or sexual experience;
- Hostile actions taken against an individual because of that individual’s sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and expression, or the status of being transgender, such as:
- Interfering with, destroying or damaging a person’s property;
- Sabotaging an individual’s work; or
- Bullying, yelling, or name-calling.
- Comments, questions, remarks or requests that indicate stereotyping by questioning the personality traits or presentation of another because they may not conform to societal ideas or perceptions about how individuals of a particular sex or gender identity and expression should act or look.
BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! prohibits any form of sexual harassment including but not limited to the examples above which may be made verbally, physically, in writing, or in pictures, and in person, via SMS, virtually, or online including through video calls or social media.
If you feel uncomfortable about one of our Photographers behaviour, and believe it might be harassing, discriminatory, or otherwise inappropriate, please report the behaviour to BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! - contact