Artist of the Month - November - Stéphane Gizard
A year ago
- what was the first photography book you bought?
Men and Women by Herb Ritts.
- what is your favourite colour?
The purity of white.
- who are your photographic influences?
Jean Baptiste Mondino, Elliott Erwitt, Herb Ritz, Bruce Weber, Guy Bourdin…
- what is your favourite museum?
Definitly The Louvre, for the ‘grandeur' of the place and the quality of the exhibitions and of course its ghost which seems quite cute!
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
The Kiss by Elliott Erwitt
- your favourite holiday destination?
As I am a wise person who does not take drugs and who hates crowds and clubs: Ibiza. !!!!
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
I will always like to photograph Leo Dicaprio as long as he makes an effort on his weight. hahaha The image he gave when he was young was so modern that it influenced me a lot. And then, he's a scorpion, me Pisces, we're made to get along! He is the best actor of his generation.
- what is your guilty pleasure?
I could spend hours watching people in the street and dream of the inaccessible desire.
- what is your favourite city?
I love the Paris that I have known, happy and live in. Now it is a city more and more like a museum which is sad ... the policy of the town hall destroys Paris. I am fortunate to have done the book Paris Silence, during the lockdown. It's such a diverse city ... the architecture, the cafes, the avenues, the little streets, the historic monuments ... such a concentration of difference makes me love Paris, and then I was born in Pigalle and grew up in Paris ... It's hard to want to live elsewhere.
- which charities do you support?
I think it only concerns me! but with BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! you already have an idea.
|Hands Red, 2016|