Artist of the Month - Florian Hetz
2 years ago
Portrait, Florian Hetz
QUICK FIRE ROUND with Florian Hetz
- what was the first photography book you bought?
I honestly can't remember. I bought (and stole) so many photo books when I was a teenager. My room was filled with stacks of books and magazines. But I think it might have been a Horst P. Horst exhibition catalogue.
- what is your favourite colour
A dark greenish grey
- who are your photographic influences?
My childhood heroes were Clarence Sinclair Bull, George Hurrell, Irving Penn, George Dureau, and Robert Mapplethorpe, and of course Peter Hujar.
- what is your favourite museum?
The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Copenhagen. The architecture in this beautiful landscape always takes my breath away.
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
The nude Rudolf Nureyev by Richard Avedon. But who wouldn´t?
- your favourite holiday destination?
Always the one that I´m about to travel to. The pandemic put a hold on that though. So right now I´m making myself comfortable at home in Berlin.
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
John Waters. Because of those eyes (and the stories of course).
- what is your guilty pleasure?
- what is your favourite city?
Los Angeles: there´s sun, palm trees, the ocean, the desert and the mountains. The light is incredible and I have a bike waiting for me there.