Artist of the Month - September 2020 - Stephane Gizard
8 months ago
Portrait, Stephane Gizard
QUICK FIRE ROUND with Stephane Gizard
- what was the first photography book you bought?
Men and Women by Herb Ritts
- what is your favourite colour?
The purity of white.
- who are your photographic influences?
Jean Baptiste Mondino, Eliott Erwitt, Herb Ritz, Bruce Weber, Guy Bourdin…
- what is your favourite museum?
Definitely The Louvre, for the grandeur of the place and the quality of the exhibitions and that it’s cool this kind of place where nudity is not a crime!!!
- if you could buy any photograph which would it be?
The cover of the album Melody Nelson by the singer Serge Gainsbourg - photographed by Tony Frank.
- your favourite holiday destination?
As I am a wise person who does not take drugs and who hates crowds and clubs: Ibiza!!!!
- if there is one living person you could photograph who would it be?
I will always like to photograph Leonardo DiCaprio. The image he gave when he was young was so modern that it influenced me a lot. He's a scorpion, me Pisces, we're made to get along! He is the best actor of his generation.
- what is your guilty pleasure
I like to spend time observing people who pass ... to project criticism on them for their lack of taste or their uniqueness and then among these people, sometimes, beauty passes. And I secretly dream of being able to meet all these boys and photograph them ... it's quite frustrating!
- what is your favourite city?
Paris (see my next book and you will understand) - ParisSilence.fr
- which charities do you support?
I think it only concerns me, but with Boys! Boys! Boys! you already have an idea.
To see the poster click here